SLIDER

Our engagement...

Saturday, October 31, 2015
Halloween marks two years since my engagement to Serge. Last year I wrote a post dedicated to Serge – it was heartfelt and loved up (you can read it here). I am too lazy for that nonsense this year! Instead, I thought I would answer the question that you often ask – how did Serge and I get engage?

For those of you that don’t know the story of Serge and my whirlwind relationship, you can read about it here and here. But, here are the cliff notes:
  • We were introduced to each other by my sister and brother-in-law (who was also Serge’s boss at the time) when I was home from East Timor with Dengue Fever – you could say that I was at my best, rocking a fully body rash.
  • I returned to East Timor and Serge hacked into my brother-in-laws Facebook account to get my details and we started speaking regularly.
  • We fell in love.
  • I returned to Brisbane permanently… and with cancer.
  • We started dating. 

And that takes us to a very important conversation that took place in the shower. It was very romantic. I was having an emotional moment and crying about what my prognosis meant. I cried to Serge about the fact that we really didn’t have any hope of a future. Serge’s response was – ‘lets get married’.

So, that was our unofficial engagement.

Being the control freak that I am, I went on the hunt for an engagement ring. Serge hates that I tell everyone that I chose my own ring. I get lots of compliments on my glorious engagement ring, and Serge just wants to take the credit.

Halloween 2013, we went late night shopping on the Thursday and I bought us some dirty kebabs when Serge went and bought the ring… it just keeps on getting more romantic, doesn’t it?!

We went back to my parent’s place, where I was still living and Serge was spending the majority of his time. I subtly hinted to Serge that I was going to take a 30 minute bath and now would be the perfect time to go downstairs and ask my parents if he could propose… lets be honest, it was already a done deal!

Off to bed we went and Serge asked me to get the ring box… he couldn’t even get out of bed to get it himself! He at least asked the important question – ‘will you marry me?’


That is the very romantic engagement of Emma and Serge.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I really appreciate you taking the time to connect. Emma x

Hover to Pin
 
Blog by Annie Pappalardo - Template designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design